MULTOS is the most robust, industry-backed OS platform delivering simplicity and innovation to the world’s leading smart card issuers and smart device suppliers across the globe.
MULTOS technology delivers high security, interoperable platforms for any application. MULTOS consists of two unique technologies that deliver the secure architecture – the on-chip virtual machine that executes applications and the MULTOS security scheme that protects the chip, application code and application data.
The execution-time checking ensures the complete safety of application execution and data – it is not possible for an application to access the data of another application on the smart card. As application data sharing is not permitted, application providers can be assured that their data is safe from other applications that may reside alongside theirs in the smart card.
MULTOS applications are developed in high-level languages such as ‘C’ or Java (or in low-level assembly language) and compiled into MULTOS Executable Language (MEL) bytecodes that are executed by the virtual machine. Any invalid instructions or attempted memory accesses are rejected by the virtual machine and all smart card application execution will stop.
- MULTOS provides an easy way to develop, test and deploy high-security applications using the C programming language.
- It is also possible to develop, or part develop, applications in MULTOS Assembler.
- Applications are portable between different MULTOS implementations.
- There is no need to re-write applications when you choose a different smart card supplier and no need to re-write the card and application management systems that manage their lifecycles either.
- MULTOS provides the highest degree of interoperability of any smart card platform, because every MULTOS platform is Type Approved to comply with specifications.
COPYRIGHT © 2019 RUITING CO., LTD.